Bible Study – Ephesians
September 9th, 2019 | Community Updates
We’re excited to announce a new mid-week Bible Study Course through N.T. Wright Online this Fall at West Seattle Christian. The class will be facilitated by Wendy Vickers every other Wednesday night during this fall and winter season. There is an online learning component in conjunction with “on the ground” discussions hosted by a facilitator here at the church. Our Bible Study facilitator for our first class at N.T. Wright Online is Wendy Vickers! Three cheers for Wendy!
When and Where Will the Course Start?
Our first Bible Study group discussion will be on Wednesday evening, October 9th in our KIDS’ CITY wing (Enter through the door in our breezeway and head to the main elementary room, while the rest of the building is under renovation).
How Much Does the Course Cost?
Every Small Group Edition course at N.T. Wright Online is offered for $14.99 per participant! That’s about the same price as a typical text-only study guide. A little buy-in goes a long way towards being present for group discussions and doing the work online on your own.
How Do I Sign Up?
You can sign up right now by heading over to the course page at N.T. Wright Online. For more help, please take a look at our enrollment instructions HERE. If you have issues enrolling please CONTACT US.
Who This Course is For?
- This course is intended for anyone who has an interest in the message of the New Testament and who would like to examine the expansive wonder Paul’s Letter to the Ephesians of one of the Apostle Paul’s most powerful letters.
- This course is designed for a general audience. You do not have to have previous theological training to understand the concepts.
- This course is meant to take time and reflection. It is not meant to be a ‘crash course’ in the study of the New Testament.
The Structure of the Course: Online + On-the-Ground
The courses in this series combine the video teachings of Prof. Wright with discussion questions designed to spark engaging small group discussion, and help us apply the lessons from the Biblical text. The course includes:
- Lectures by Prof. Wright
- Practice exercises to help you integrate what you learn with your everyday way of thinking and living
- Quizzes to assess comprehension
- Student discussions
- Interaction with Prof. David Seemuth, your co-instructor for the course
- Textbook readings
- Interaction with the biblical text itself
What Will I Learn in the Course?
Participants in this course on Ephesians will:
- Develop a deeper appreciation for the way Paul presents his message as a prisoner for Christ in this powerful epistle.
- Discern the implications of Paul’s message as you look at the present age and manner of life around you
- Understand the heart of Paul’s message to the Ephesian church
- Apply the contents and principles of the letter to your own inner life of devotion
- Present a coherent summary of this letter of which seeks to bring together the realities of ‘heaven’ and ‘earth’
- Learn to live out your commitment to King Jesus with the new reality of the one family of God